Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Error Message in Cisco Prime Infrastructure 1.2

Hi,

I get an error message if i add an WLC in the Cisco PI.

"Failed feature(s)feature_lldp_neighbors :SNMP request timed out"

The WLC is reachable but the Inventory Collection Status is failed.

Thanks in advance.

10 Replies 10

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Have you tried to play around with using snmp v3 or v2.  I get that sometimes and for some reason, one would work and the other wouldn't.

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Im having the exact same issue using v2 as well as v3. I was able to add the controllers early on, but then they dropped with that same error about 4 hrs later.

Your issue is different... your saying that you can add the WLC, but then after a while, its unreachable correct?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Shantha Kumar Selvaraj
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Did you try increasing the snmp timeout to greater value.

Thanks

Hi everybody,

I`ve got same errors for some devices:

prime collection status:failed feature

I changed snmp timeouts but it not worked..

In inventory log there are many ERROR mesages like:

2012-12-13 15:25:54,507 [ICE Service[ 1]Thread: 6] ERROR inventory - 10.188.200.143 For device id: 10078068 Feature = feature_vlan and Procedure = vlan failed in time 914 with the following error and continuing with other features: com.cisco.nm.expression.function.FunctionException:

any idea?

thank you

dahlmanns
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

Just had the same issue and turning off CDP on the local controller fixed it for me.

Controller > CDP > Controller configuration > untag: CDP Protocol Status

Regards,

Ralf.

Thanks for posting Ralf.  I was able to disable CDP on the WLC I was having trouble with and it worked for me as well.  In my situation, there are three 2504 WLCs: two inside for production and one in the DMZ anchoring guests (running 7.4.100.60 which now allows the 2504 to be an anchor).  The two inside WLCs added fine to Prime, but the DMZ WLC gave the error Dieter mentions above.  Also, I'm using SNMPv3 on all three WLCs.

Ravi Singh
Level 7
Level 7

What I think there is problem with your SNMP settings. Please cross check your SNMP configuration setting. And if you are using V2 try V3 also turnoff the CDP protocol as suggested by dahlmanns.

Hi,

I am also trying to add my Nexus 3k device into CPI 1.3 but getting the following error -

Collection Status : Failed feature(s)feature_lldp_neighbors :Unexpected error. See the log file inventory.log for detail

Can you help me with that. I have already set the snmp community string on N3k.

Make sure u filled in the correct values for snmp and telnet in PI, and then click Update and Sync.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card