cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Flex+Bridge, vWLC, and DHCP problems

benatnordisk
Level 1
Level 1

I have a vWLC and some 3702i's, all running the latest code.  This is a small, simplified lab/branch-office type deployment with only a couple of AP's.

On the LAN, there is DHCP provided by a Windows host.  Everything works fine in FlexConnect mode with local switching.  However, if I switch an AP over to Flex+Bridge mode, making no other changes but that, the clients can initially connect and communicate with LAN hosts, but after about 3-5 minutes, they'll drop off and not be able to ping anything except the controller.  However, the interface still indicates that it has a valid IP.  If I renew the DHCP lease though, it immediately starts working again, for another 3-5 minutes.  If I switch the AP back to FlexConnect mode, everything goes back to working correctly.

I thought the purpose of Flex+Bridge was that everything would work exactly the same as FlexConnect, but with the ability to connect mesh AP's as well.  Has anyone encountered this behavior before, and/or have any idea what I might be missing?

Thanks in advance!

1 Reply 1

benatnordisk
Level 1
Level 1

Did I post this in the wrong forum?

Or has no one seen this issue before?  The problem is still occurring for me...

Thank you.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card