Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Force reauthentication in a specific time - ISE 1.2

Hi, is possible force wireless client reauthentication? For example: between 8am to 5pm all wireless clients use  authorization policy A and from 5:01 pm to 11:00 pm use authorization policy B automatically

4 Replies 4

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Well you can set a policy in ISE or any radius with a valid time for a given policy. If you have Prime Infrastructure or if you are good with scripts you can have PI or your script to send a WLC CLI command to disable and enable the WLAN at 5:00PM. This would force a deauth and a reauth of the client which would hit the policy valid for the timeframe.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Hi Scott!!,  so there  isn't other solution?  Because I dont want to deauth all users, only a specific group and what about a ethernet conection?

...I dont have PI, do you have any scripts about enable/disable wlans for WLC??.

Thank you for providing the requested information!!

I don't see how you can force a deauth at a certain time for just a certain group. I don't have a script that just runs without any type if interaction. Some have scripts that would ssh to the WLC and paste commands. I don't use that, so I could provide anything like that for you. Your best bet if this is not for webauth users is to set the session timer lower. When the session timer expires the devices have to perform a reauth. This might help you, but it will not be exactly at 5pm.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Tedwheat53
Level 1
Level 1

We don't have ISE but you need to return the number of seconds till the time you specified in radius reply. (Will need some custom sql in your databases)

That's how we ensure that our guests get disconnected at the appropriate time. (8hours after registration)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card