cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Forescout Mac Filtering Security and Web Policy

Nana Banahene
Level 1
Level 1

The rule of thumb is or was the wlan being anchored must be identical on both foreign and anchor, correct? Third party AAA(forescout) is wanting layer 2 security mac filtering on foreign and layer 3 security on anchor(that would mean wlans are not identical in configs). If one configures layer 2 mac filtering on wlan, and layer 3 web policy is not enabled how would clients know it's a WebAuth or can both layer 2 and 3 be configured for the same wlan?

5 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Hi Nana Banahene,

Yes, Both anchor and Foreign should have the same configuration. 

But if you are using Central web-auth, Only you have to enable MAC-Filtering and no L3 Auth is needs to be enabled, On the SSID you have to enable AAA Override to accept the redirection attribute send by the radius server (ISE/Forescout).

On this case AAA is performed by Foreign WLC. Refer the link of Central Web-Auth Configuration via Cisco ISE so that you can get a idea on it.

Regards,
Sathiyanarayanan Ravindran

Please rate the post and accept as solution, if my response satisfied your question:)

View solution in original post

There is a pre-auth acl I configured that needs to be applied and that can
be applied under layer 3 or wlan interface(but wlan interface will not be
helpful for pre-auth) hence I need to apply it under layer 3. What are my
options to get this pre-auth acl going as well

Pre auth ACL is not required in this case. You have to configure a ACL on the foreign controller for DHCP/DNS and NAC IP access(for redirection page). That ACL name has to be present on the Authorization Profile.

Regards,

Please rate the post and accept as solution, if my response satisfied your question:)

Yes, on the anchor I have pre-auth acl on L3. I was just concerned that on foreign I have L2 mac filtering, making the configs on foreign different from anchor, but if I understand you correctly, for wlan in question I can do L2 mac filtering on foreign with AAA overide and then do L3 preauth on anchor, and there should be no issues, correct?

Here also both anchor and foreign configuration has to be same. Only thing that changes is who is performing the AAA. 

Also you don’t need to configure L3 on both the controller. Redirection ACL name and URL will be send by the radius server through Authorization profile. You have to create a redirection ACL with only DHCP, DNS and NAC IP on Foreign controller. 

Have you referred the link i shared on my previous response? If not pls check it once.

Regards,

5 Replies 5

Hi Nana Banahene,

Yes, Both anchor and Foreign should have the same configuration. 

But if you are using Central web-auth, Only you have to enable MAC-Filtering and no L3 Auth is needs to be enabled, On the SSID you have to enable AAA Override to accept the redirection attribute send by the radius server (ISE/Forescout).

On this case AAA is performed by Foreign WLC. Refer the link of Central Web-Auth Configuration via Cisco ISE so that you can get a idea on it.

Regards,

There is a pre-auth acl I configured that needs to be applied and that can
be applied under layer 3 or wlan interface(but wlan interface will not be
helpful for pre-auth) hence I need to apply it under layer 3. What are my
options to get this pre-auth acl going as well

Pre auth ACL is not required in this case. You have to configure a ACL on the foreign controller for DHCP/DNS and NAC IP access(for redirection page). That ACL name has to be present on the Authorization Profile.

Regards,

Yes, on the anchor I have pre-auth acl on L3. I was just concerned that on foreign I have L2 mac filtering, making the configs on foreign different from anchor, but if I understand you correctly, for wlan in question I can do L2 mac filtering on foreign with AAA overide and then do L3 preauth on anchor, and there should be no issues, correct?

Here also both anchor and foreign configuration has to be same. Only thing that changes is who is performing the AAA. 

Also you don’t need to configure L3 on both the controller. Redirection ACL name and URL will be send by the radius server through Authorization profile. You have to create a redirection ACL with only DHCP, DNS and NAC IP on Foreign controller. 

Have you referred the link i shared on my previous response? If not pls check it once.

Regards,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card