Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Generate new CSR on WLC

Hi Gents,

It has come to my attention that our cert for guest web auth. has expired; therefore, i need to generate a new cert. Last time i did that i used oppenssl which was a bit messy. Now, i was going trough the note to regenerate a new CSR and found that found that 8.3.x can generate CSR from the WLC. 

I have generated CSR through Cisco device before(ASA for instance), before i upgrade the WLC to 8.3. Currently running one version below 8.2.x. I'd like to know, once the CSR has been signed by our third party CSR is there anything else needs to be done, beside just upload the newly cert-received from the CR?

Thanks,

2 Replies 2

patoberli
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
That depends in what format the signed certificate is. If you're lucky, you don't have to do anything, if you aren't you have to add the root and intermediate into the certificate.
Here the details: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/wireless/4400-series-wireless-lan-controllers/109597-csr-chained-certificates-wlc-00.html

ajc
Level 7
Level 7

I have a written procedure using OpenSSL quite simple which I have used on 8510,5508, 8540, 2500 WLC's. If you are interested send me a note.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card