cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Good wireless/Ap solution

laserlightit1
Level 1
Level 1

I am looking for a stable wireless router or AP for my work place.. we have 9 lasers that emit a lot of interference with wireless signal. So im looking for a device that will help with the wireless signal stay active..

3 Replies 3

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

As you stated you have wireless interference in the place, suggest to contact local cisco partner who can help with site survey and suggest you the best product for your need.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

@laserlightit1 wrote:

we have 9 lasers that emit a lot of interference with wireless signal.  

Lasers, as far as I see, don't interfere with 802.11 wireless because both of them work in different frequencies.

Next, if you want to get the placement of the wireless APs done right, then organize to get a wireless site survey.  The cost of the APs are very expensive and getting one too many (or one less) can be a costly affair (to correct).

What Ap's are you using?? we are using Excimers and that seems to be the area's that give us the biggest issues..

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card