Views
Helpful
Replies

Guest User SNMP Traps

weymannpe
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I run into a confusing behavior. When I use the Lobby Amabassador to add/delete an Guest User with limited life time I get a SNMP Trap (thats what i want) but when I add an Guest User with unlimited life time I never got a SNMP trap, wether the user is added or deletet by the Lobby Ambassador.

I dubble-checked that, with and without Lobby Ambassador Defaults, but I found no reason for that behavior.

Do you have any ideas? Maybe run into the same problem?

Thanks

Best regards

Peter

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Peter,

Please flag this as resolved if it answered your question. Future readers of this forum will then be able to benefit from our collective intelligence. Thanks.

Best,

Paul

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

kannancisc
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Peter,

could you tell me which wcs version you are using?.there is a bug where u won't receive any trap when you create guest user with unlimited time frame.so don't confuse yourself.

krengasw
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Peter,

yes.it is a bug exists in wcs.when guest user was created with unlimited life time,wcs won't get any trap .i hope this will resolve your problem.

Hi krengasw,

thanks for your answer.

Do you know the BugID to this issue.

Many thanks!

Peter

Hi Peter,

sorry.i donot know bug id.This bug is from controller since wlc fails to send trap to wcs.

Hi Peter,

Please flag this as resolved if it answered your question. Future readers of this forum will then be able to benefit from our collective intelligence. Thanks.

Best,

Paul

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: