Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Guest WIFI client associate but can't get to web auth. portal

Hi Gents,

Hope you can help me out here... Hope to friday when i left the WIFI was working fine, but when i got in yesterday i found out that guest WIFI doesn't work.

Client  gets IP address provided by the WLC, associate with the controller but never get to the web auth. In fact the client keeps re-assocaited and never get connected.

A quick background here: The guest clients  go straight to the internet via a dedicated interface on the ASA. Therefore, the traffic does not touch our internal network. However, when checking the ASA interface associate with the WLC, it says 0 packet which means the traffic never makes it to the ASA. But debug on the WLC shows the traffic from one remote site all the way to the WLC at the DC.

Any ideas, suggestion will be greatly appreciate.

Thanks,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Quick update here gents.

It appears our ASA has failed over the weekend and the config of the guest wireless interface does not have a stanby IP address; therfore, that interface does not received traffic when the device failover!  The issue now, i can fail back since i don't know why the primary device has failed. Will wait after hours to test and update all of you.

Thanks,

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Hi

If client does not receive portal, soon they will not be authenticated and consequently no traffic will be generated. Considering we are talking about only Guest network here.

One reason client does not get the portal is DNS. If DNS fail or is no properly configured, then, portal does not pop up.

Another reason is ACL. Depending on how guest is configured, it is expected that AP push an ACL to the client in order to guest work properly. If that does not happen, then, client will not be redirected.

-If I helped you somehow, please, rate it as useful.-

Miranda thanks for your reply but I think the issue is more related to the failover. And I can also see traffic in the WLC when debugging. I'll add that standby IP in the interface and i'll update you.

Quick update here gents.

It appears our ASA has failed over the weekend and the config of the guest wireless interface does not have a stanby IP address; therfore, that interface does not received traffic when the device failover!  The issue now, i can fail back since i don't know why the primary device has failed. Will wait after hours to test and update all of you.

Thanks,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card