cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Hot Standby controller details not found in Hardware Inventory report in Cisco Prime Infrastructure

jegan_rajappa
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Folks,

I have many WLC deployments in hot standby setup (SSO) and Cisco Prime Infrastructure 3.4.0 is managing all the WLC's.

Redundancy summary shows both the units (active and standby WLC) when i access the WLC from Cisco Prime Infrastructure, the problem Detailed Hardware report in Cisco Prime Infrastructure doesn't show any details about hot standby hardware, so inventory doesn't look correct.

For Example:

I have 2 x 3504 WLC in hot standby setup (SSO), but Cisco Prime Infrastructure shows only one WLC in "Inventory / Device Management / Network Devices", as this design is one logical WLC, it is accepted, but I expect hot standby WLC hardware should at-least show in reports.

Is this something which i can tweak, so that hardware details can appear in Cisco Prime Infrastructure report or is this something Cisco need to consider as enhancement for Cisco Prime Infrastructure product ?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Sandeep Choudhary
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Cisco prime will only show primary WLC not the hot standby wlc.

I think that the High Availbility is meant to be able to handle everything and it is not necessary monitor anything. If Primary WLC goes down, Seconday will take over and life will be good.

If you want to get the inventory report of standby wlc then it can only be seen via the Console or Service Port.

Regards

Dont forget to rate helpful posts

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Sandeep Choudhary
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Cisco prime will only show primary WLC not the hot standby wlc.

I think that the High Availbility is meant to be able to handle everything and it is not necessary monitor anything. If Primary WLC goes down, Seconday will take over and life will be good.

If you want to get the inventory report of standby wlc then it can only be seen via the Console or Service Port.

Regards

Thanks Sandeep for reply !

I know its for HA only, my expectation is to see the HA hardware in detailed hardware report, Cisco may need to take this as enhancement.

Jegen,

I agree with you that at least we should see the inventory detail of secondary WLC in Prime!

Regards

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card