Views
Helpful
Replies

How can i upgrade Prime 2.2 to 3.1

Shivu b
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I would like to Migrate from PI 2.2 to 3.1 and before migrate, how to perform back up of PI 2.2

Could you please suggest and share the docs/links.

Regards,

Shiv

8 Replies 8

Martin Bosch
Level 1
Level 1

I don't believe you can jump directly to prime 3.1 from 2.2
You need to upgrade to 3.0 then 3.1

I was running prime 3.0 already so only had to use PI-Upgrade-3.0.X_to_3.1.0.0.132.tar.gz file for the upgrade

Below link explains how to upgrade form 2.2 -> 3.0

Source

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/net_mgmt/prime/infrastructure/3-0/quickstart/guide/cpi_qsg.html#pgfId-120990

Here is the backup process

Specifying Automatic Application Backup Repositories

Step 1 Choose Administration > Background Tasks.
Step 2 In the Other Background Tasks area, find the Prime Infrastructure Server Backup task.
Step 3 Click the Prime Infrastructure Server Backup link.
Step 4 In Backup Repository, select the name of the repository that you want to use during the next automatic application backup. This can be a local or remote repository.
Step 5 Click Save.

Scheduling Automatic Application Backups - This changes slightly to Prime 3.1

Backup

Step 2 In the Other Background Tasks area, find the Prime Infrastructure Server Backup task.
Step 3 Click the Prime Infrastructure Server Backup link.
Step 4 Change the Max UI backups to keep, the Interval between automatic backups, or the Time of Day to take them, as needed
Step 5 Click Save.

Triggering Application Backups

Step 3 Select the Prime Infrastructure Server Backup task check box.
Step 4 Choose Select a command > Execute Now. then click Go.
Step 5 Click Refresh to see the current status of the backup task.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/cloud-systems-management/prime-infrastructure/products-installation-guides-list.html

Thanks Martin

Hello,

What about the license ?

I have a base license and lifecycle on prime 2.2 and I installed 3.1

I want the licenses from prime 2.2 to be in the 3.1 and I noticed it was possible by moving the directory /opt/CSCOlumos/licenses from 2.2 to 3.1

How can you export this folder ?

Regards,

AL

If you are not too much worried about historical data, then do a clean installation of PI 3.1 and then imports maps from old system to new system.

Then add the WLCs/devices onto new system.

That would be the safest approach.

I had some issues after 2.2 -> 3.0 upgrade and  had to rebuild 3.x from fresh. Refer below for more detail

https://mrncciew.com/2015/11/26/cpi-3-0-disk-running-out-of-space/

HTH

Rasika

*** Pls rate all useful responses ***

Hi, Rasika.

As correctly. At first  add the controller in the Prime or import maps? APs will be added to the maps?

Hi Guys,

what about Licence migration from 2.2 to 3.X?

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Just to add, the server requirements also increased which might make your current platform not feasible to use.  We are on 2.1 and basically purchased new hardware to match the specs for PI 3.x.  I also just spun up a new VM on PI 3.1 and moved the maps over because it's easier to do. 

-Scott 

*** Please rate helpful posts ***

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

these are the h/w requirements of PI 3.5. Specifically if you are upgrading from a EoL R-PI20-SW-K9 / PRIME-NCS-APL-K9

This is the upgrade replacement  - PI-UCSM5-APL-K9 

Cisco Prime Infrastructure UCS Physical HW Appliance (Gen 3)

Not sure if there is anything else required besides 3.x licenses

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card