cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How do I send output of client debug to server

Patrick McHenry
Level 3
Level 3

We are having a problem with a group of tablets that are losing connectivity. I want to "follow" one of those devices around by putting a debug on that specific client and send the debug to a server. That way, when the user gives the times that he disconnected during the day I can look at the debug log. I can't figure out how to send it to the server. Thanks for any help.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Nicolas Darchis
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

you can't syslog a debug on WLC.

However, your server can telnet/ssh to the controller and save the output to a file. So that when you have the timestamp you can just check the file on server ...

Nicolas.

--

If this answers your question please mark the question as "answered" and rate it, so other users can easily find it.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Nicolas Darchis
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

you can't syslog a debug on WLC.

However, your server can telnet/ssh to the controller and save the output to a file. So that when you have the timestamp you can just check the file on server ...

Nicolas.

--

If this answers your question please mark the question as "answered" and rate it, so other users can easily find it.

Thanks. I was making a mountain out of a mole hill.

You know this function would be a real nice to have for troubleshooting efforts. I mentioned this for years ... Having the client debug to a syslog would be very helpful...

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card