cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

how many client requests cisco AP1252G-E-K9 can handel ???

Faisal Shabbir
Level 1
Level 1

Hello friends,

just wanted to now how many clients simultaneously associate with Cisco AP 1252G.. right now when I try to connect more thn 25 rest unable to access the AP. Clients (smart phones plus laptops) are using  802.11b/g standard.

Thanks,

Faysal

11 Replies 11

Amjad Abdullah
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Salam Faisal,

an AP can handle too many. ideally up to 2000+ clients. However, practically it handls around 30+/- clients effeciently (depends on traffic and clietns type...etc). I have APs sometimes work with 50+ clients almost fine.

Do you have unified or autonomous APs?
If unified, make sure that you are not enabling aggressive load balancing.

HTH

Amjad

Rating useful replies is more useful than saying "Thank you"

Salam Amjad,

Thnx for you reply actully i have four controllers Installed on 6509 switch (wism) and bunch of APs are connected with them. could you tell me from where i can verify suggested settings??

for 7.x and later codes it was something like this example:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6366/products_tech_note09186a00809c2fc3.shtml

Note: the doc above say that the config example is applied to 6.0.188.0 and above. Howeber, I remember on 6.0 the place from which you configure the feature is a bit different.

HTH

Amjad

scenario is there is apache server installed on a machine and other are trying to connect the AP and thn access the apcahe server to fill a survey form.

i am running software version 5.0 on controllers.... it could be the reason ??

just checked aggressive load balancing is disabled on controllers

Hmmmmm,

As I said it could be a bug.
You can troubleshoot further by trying to collect debug client output on the WLC cli:

debug client

and then try to connect a client that should normally fail.

HTH

Amjad

I am not sure if the feature is available on 5.0. But for 5.1 here is the location:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/controller/5.1/configuration/guide/c51ccfg.html#wp1085099

actually version 5 (and 5.0 specifically) is too buggy. It will not be a surprise if what you are having is some kind of a bug.

HTH

Amjad

I verified its there and disabled.. verified from GUI and CLI

thnx amjad for your help right now survey is over with alternate solution but anyway I'll update you next time

Thanks Faisal.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card