Can I have one WCS server and manage 200 AP's in 5 different location

Do we need one licence of r 200 AP's ?

Thanks

Tony

5 Replies 5

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You are okay with one WCS. You need to license by the total number of access points. So if you have 5 sites with 200 ap's then you need at least a 1000 ap license.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/wcs/7.0/configuration/guide/7_0wst.html

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Hi,

Is WCS an appliance or is it a software that will be installed on a windows server?

Secondly if I have 5 seperate  licences for 200 AP's each (for 5 sites) can all these licence be added on 1 WCS server and manage 1000 AP's from it

Thanks

Tony

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

It's a software that requires windows 2003 server. You can add license to WCS as you grow. Review the link I posted earlier. It will explain what Cisco requires for hardware depending on ap count, etc.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Do we need one licence of r 200 AP's ?

What AP are we talking about?

Like Scott stated, the limitation is the number of AP licenses you have. You can have more than one WCS but for 200 AP's, I would not recommend that as the controllers themselves should be placed strategically in the regions you desired.

If you need more than one WCS, you will new a new license for that server since its base on the host name.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card