Views
Helpful
Replies

How to run setup script again on Prime Infrastructure 2.2 Appliance

Nigel Bowden
Level 2
Level 2

Hi,

Does anyone know how to re-run the setup script on a PI2.2 (UCS) appliance after it has been initially executed?

It used to be after a reboot of a server you could type the word 'setup' at the very first login prompt after boot up, but I don't see that option any more.

I tried typing 'setup' at the first login prompt, but its just shows a bad login, rather than running the setup script.

The 'write erase' command is also disabled in 2.2, so I can't use that to start again and force a the setup script to run.

Looks like once you have run setup once, you're stuck with that config? If you want to switch a unit to be a HA secondary, do you have to wipe the box and start again...?

I've checked the user, admin, quick start and command reference guides, but there is no reference about how to run  the setup script a second time.

Thanks

Nigel.

3 Replies 3

jkelly006
Level 1
Level 1

Did you ever get an answer on this?  I am in the exact same position with my Prime installation. I want to make the second appliance an HA server now but don't want to have to go through the OVA provisioning 5+ hours....

Hopefully this helps, because there is literally no documentation out there for running this command.  Here is how to run the script...

SSH to the prime node
shell
sudo /opt/CSCOlumos/bin/setup.sh

or

cd /opt/CSCOlumos/bin/
sudo ./hamode.sh primary

or

sudo ./hamode.sh secondary

Thanks so much DanLeeRankin. The usual method was not working in 3.3/3.4 and your shell command

to restart setup script works perfect on 3.4.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card