cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

I forgot my WIFI Router password.

cohendental
Level 1
Level 1

Any ideas?  If I do a factory reset to the default settings, will I have to reconfigure all the computers?  Is there a way to get the password from the network computers?  From the Network card? 

6 Replies 6

Sandeep Choudhary
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi leslie,

I dont know this is your question answer or  not but still sharing my thoughts.

Go to any computer which is already connected to Wireless.

1. Click on the wifi icon and it will show you all the open networks. Click on the one you're looking for and click properties.

Then go under the password dots and click "show characters".

2. When your laptop is connected to the wifi, type the routers ip  address. To find your routers ip address, go to command prompt, type ipconfig, and it will be displayed as default gateway.

So type it in on the address bar, and press enter. A  page should open up, you need to find the wireless section. There, you  can find it, or you might have to go to a wireless security section.

Regards

yes with this option you can retrive your SSID password and rest of the configuration you have to make on the router it by restting the device.

Moin Ilyas
Level 4
Level 4

I don't think you could do that.

Also, when you factory reset to the default settings, I believe you would have to reconfigure it.

abwahid
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

Yes if you do factory reset to the default settings, yo will have to reconfigure all the computers or in other words you have to manually connect all the computer one by one to the network because you Wifi Router password is lost,

To check your last config password

Windows 8: Find your password

Step 1:From the Start screen, swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap Settings.
(If you're using a mouse, point to the upper-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer down, and then click Settings.)
Step 2:Tap or click the wireless network icon Wireless network icon.
Step 3:Tap and hold or right click on a wireless network name, and then choose View connection properties.
Step 4:Select Show characters to see the wireless network password.

Windows 7: Find your password

Step 1:Click the wireless network icon on the taskbar (lower-right corner).
Step 2:Right-click your wireless network name, and then select Properties.
Step 3:Select Show characters to see the wireless network password.

NUTS

justiny99
Level 1
Level 1

I also forgot my WiFi password, but I have used the SmartKey WiFi Password Recovery to hack my own WiFi password, and it do work for me. I think you can get to know more about it and solve your doubt from it.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card