cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Inaccurate Client Count per AP on Heatmap on WCS 4.0

johnruffing
Level 4
Level 4

After installing the WCS 4.0 Heatmap client count (per AP) is inaccurate.

Even after clicking the refresh button. After drilling down by clicking on the AP while in client display mode DOES show a correct AP count.

Is this problem unique to our particular installation? Has anyone else observed this discrepancy in WCS 4.x which was supposed to have this fixed in previous versions according to Cisco Bug/Defect list?

CSCsd91565 - B/G Clients in WCS showing on summary page but not on maps

http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/Support/Bugtool/onebug.pl?bugid=CSCsd91565&cco_product=Cisco+Wireless+Control+System+Version+1.0&fset=&swver=&keyw=&target=&train=

Steps to reproduce:

This takes place after clicking on the green bullseye icon under "View Filters" and selecting "users" as the method of display.

For reference, the WCS/WLC configuration is as follows:

=======================================================

WCS Version 4.0.81.0 Base+Location

Windows 2003 with WCS running as a service.

Multi-processor Xeon, 8 GB of RAM.

Two 4404 WLC controllers v4.0.179.8

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

ethiel
Level 3
Level 3

FWIW I can see this too. I never use that view, so I am not sure if it has always been a problem. I'm running 4.0.81.0 and 4.0.179.8.

-Eric

View solution in original post

Toivo
Level 1
Level 1

We see the same issue. We're waiting for the next release to see if it is fixed or if we need to open a TAC case.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

ethiel
Level 3
Level 3

FWIW I can see this too. I never use that view, so I am not sure if it has always been a problem. I'm running 4.0.81.0 and 4.0.179.8.

-Eric

Toivo
Level 1
Level 1

We see the same issue. We're waiting for the next release to see if it is fixed or if we need to open a TAC case.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card