cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Installing Cert on ACS Appliance

clyde.wilson
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to install a Cert on an ACS Appliance V3.2. I have created the cert using a MS CA on our network but when I try and install it says that the Private Key file cannot be blank. Any help would be appreciated.

-clyde

5 Replies 5

dsidley
Level 1
Level 1

I had the same problem. Cisco's only help was to tell me that ACS Ver 3.2.3 only supported key sizes of 1024 bits minimum.(our root CA had a key size of 512)

I resolved this by uninstalling the ACS then installing the root CA certificate on the server, next I made an enrollment request to the CA for the ACS's own certificate which was subsequently downloaded and installed.

After re-installing the ACS server, I just selected "use certificate from storage" rather than "use certificate from file"

That was how I was trying to do it but I don't get the option to use certificate from storage. The only option is use certificate from file. I have re-imaged the appliance and still don't have the option to use certificate from storage.

I have the same problem. If I then create the private key (it is stored as a .pvk file) the ACS shows 'unsupported private key file format'. Any idea what is wrong? I also used a 1024 key size.

See my previous response to Clyde for the instructions on how I resolved this. Unfortunately Clyde has responded that he does not have the option to "install certificate from storage" which I find odd.

Dave Sidley

I have resolved this issue. I had the appliance issues a request which generated the private key file. I also had some problems with the defaults on our CA.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card