Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Integrating WCS with ACS

I have a significant amount of Lan Administrators who need access to WCS. I'd like to be able to use ACS for their log in and accounting. However, as simple as it seems on the documenation, I just cannot seem to get it to work.

Steps I have done:

1) configured TACACS server

2) configured in ACS with shared key

3) chose TACACS mode on WCS

Authenication still remains local. does anyone have this working and is there another step?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

when you want to use TACACS for WCS you need to build the service for it as it is not there by default. Take a look at the WCS config guide in how to create the service in TACACS.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/wcs/7.0/configuration/guide/7_0admin.html#wp1059647

Steve

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

blakekrone
Level 4
Level 4

When you set the mode to TACACS what did you set as the failback?

The user you are using to test with is somethign other than root correct?

enable fallback to local on auth failure or no server response

George Stefanick
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Under AAA mode did you unselect local and select TACACS ?

See attached

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

Yes I did that step. As well as enable fallback to local on auth failure or no server response

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

when you buIlt the new service did you put in HTTPS? It is case sensitive.

Can you screenshot the new service config as well as the entries under the group or user where you define the role?

Steve

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

not sure what you mean by HTTPS or new service config.

All the steps that i performed were under Administration>AAA Mode and Administration>TACACS+

What version of ACS?

Did you go through in ACS and add all the tasks?

Did you set up virtual domains ? Are your admins part of the ADMIN domain ? You will need to make sure they are part of the admin group with the admin attributes.

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

when you want to use TACACS for WCS you need to build the service for it as it is not there by default. Take a look at the WCS config guide in how to create the service in TACACS.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/wcs/7.0/configuration/guide/7_0admin.html#wp1059647

Steve

HTH,
Steve

Thanks. I knew it seemed too easy.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: