Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IOS backup from a LWAP

Hi Guys,

Is there are method available to backup an IOS directly from a lightweight access point? I mean without using a WLC? Please advice.

Regards,

Suthakar

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

1.  debug capwap client enable

2.  debug capwap console enable

3.  copy flash:/filename.bin tftp:///

View solution in original post

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I don't know why you really want to do this. Sooooo unnecessary!

Try this

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/access_point/12.3_7_JA/configuration/guide/s37mfw.html#wp1034931

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

I would use the archive upload-sw command to get a valid tar file which would include the info.ver file.

1.) # debug capwap console cli

2.) # archive upload-sw tftp://

leolaohoo wrote:

8 Replies 8

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Why would you want to do that for?  Your WLC will control the IOS version.

You don't need to back it up.

Whether you back it up or not, the process is still the same, you need to take down the AP and run the process. 

well it's one of my customer's requirement. please let me know if there any methods available to do this.

thank you

well it's one of my customer's requirement. please let me know if there any methods available to do this.

I've got a warm feeling in my tummy that your customer doesn't really understand the benefits to controller-based AP.

Yes, there is a method:  Go to the Cisco website and download it.

NOTE:  I am NOT joking.  The controller-based IOS, RCV and full IOS, can be downloaded from the Cisco website.

Well they have tried that also, but unfortunatly the shipment/contract is belong to SMBS category so they have don't have enough privellages (as per cisco) to download the software directly from the cisco website, further I've written a mail to cisco support to get this clarified, because even though the contract belongs to SMBS category the customer is entitled to download IOS upgrades, the restrictions are only applicable to major software versions. we are waiting for a reply from cisco.

I would use the archive upload-sw command to get a valid tar file which would include the info.ver file.

1.) # debug capwap console cli

2.) # archive upload-sw tftp://

leolaohoo wrote:

Thank you guys it worked.

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I don't know why you really want to do this. Sooooo unnecessary!

Try this

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/access_point/12.3_7_JA/configuration/guide/s37mfw.html#wp1034931

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: