cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IOS13 and 802.1x

action711
Level 1
Level 1

Since upgrading my iPhone XS to IOS 13 I seem to be having a constant problem with accessing my company wifi.

I'm constantly getting booted off it and having to re-enter my credentials. When I do it works fine. But as soon as I return after leaving the building I am forced to log on again and re-enter my creds.

Has anyone else noticed this? Any ideas?

Sorry to say but we're running a quite old WLC OS - 7.6.130 - and are in the process of upgrading it. However that's a long process as we have to avoid any disruption and booking in a set of windows will take a while (3 steps from 7.6 to 8.5!)

8 Replies 8

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- You are still running a fairly old controller release ; you may want to use Wireless Debug Analyzer (see link below) , but I believe investing in the controller-upgrade-path will be more productive.

https://developer.cisco.com/docs/wireless-troubleshooting-tools/

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Thanks, some very handy tools there. We are about to upgrade, have split the HA and doing some testing on 8.5.151 at the moment.

patoberli
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
I hope you upgraded already to IOS 13.1.2 or even 13.1.3 (not sure if that is already out)? Apple fixed a ton of issues in the first two updates for IOS 13.
Other than that, I haven't yet heard any complaints from my user base. Running 8.5.151.0 here.

Yep, we're running 13.1.2 and it's still happening.

Doing some testing on 8.5.151 and that's probably the way forward, will update, though may take a week

We have now upgraded our WLC to 8.5.151 and it's still happening.

All our iPhones are on the latest update, currently 13.2.3.

So when anyone goes onto our 802.1x secured WiFi they are asked to re-enter their credentials. All the time.

I have now found an iPhone XS running 12.4.1 and it connects to that WiFi absolutely fine.

I am trawling through logs trying to find what exactly what is happening.I fully believe it to be related to the IOS13 update.

Any advice is most welcome. 

Is there a small chance that you don't have the same certificate on all the radius servers?

Not at all. We just renewed the cert last week, it's fine.

12.4.1 works perfectly, 13.2.3 doesn't work at all.

I've enrolled in the Apple Dev program - I can submit Wifi issues directly to Apple and will try this. It's def their bug, I'm just surprised no-one else is suffering it too but Google says nothing

Neither we have the issue here with several apple users. Do you have 802.11r (FT) enabled? I don't have.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card