Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE Patch 14

tomyip
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

I have ISE v1.2.0.899 and installed up to patch 12. I was about to install patch 13, but now patch 14 is out. To me patch 14 is too new and I've heard that later patch versions may cause new issues. I'm thinking to apply patch 13 as planned then wait a while to ensure it's stable. Then apply patch 14. 

Does patch 14 fix really everything in patch 13? Has there been issues with patch 14. Also where can I find information on the ISE patches?

2 Replies 2

Hi 

Here is the release notes for the ISE patch

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/ise/1-2/release_notes/ise12_rn.html#39291

Typically every month Cisco release a patch for ISE to fix the issues identify in each release. 

I would apply patch 13 & if everything works & stable, stay in that. But if any issues & TAC suggested to move onto 14 then go on. Based on my experience every patch version having some issues (may be new issues) & you have to closely monitor it in your environment once applied.

NB: I am on 1.2.1 (patch 4) at the moment

HTH

Rasika

**** Pls rate all useful responses ****

Thanks for the advice. That's actually what I recommended to my client, but they would prefer to have the latest and greatest patch/fix. 

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card