cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Issue with AIR-LAP1242AG-A-K9

stivan_ir
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, I'm currently majoring in cybersecurity and in today's class we were supposed to set up a wireless router. This is the wireless router: AIR-LAP1242AG-A-K9 So I was able to configure the DHCP and it worked fine. I was able to connect to the wifi and get a proper IP address(192.168.0.13). From there I had to configure the link between the Wireless Router and a Cisco 2911 Router(see image for reference). When I configured everything the User(wifi connection) was able to ping everything except the Cisco 2911 Router's interface(see image) which was 209.165.205.1. Then I tried to ping from the Wireless Router through CLI and it also failed, and I'm not sure why. It is my first time using the Wireless Router AIR-LAP1242AG-A-K9. 

-Check the AP.txt, Router-err.txt, and 1412412.png for reference!! Thanks

I've tried resetings both routers, shutting them down, but nothing worked. Please send tips, it would be much appreciated! Thanks!

3 Replies 3

stivan_ir
Level 1
Level 1

(IGNORE THIS 2ND POST)

sorry

jeanmondesir
Level 1
Level 1

Can I see a show ip arp from your router and a show IP route.

Is the Linksys configured with the same subnet mask /30?

Looks like you will need a static route telling your router how to reach the 192.168.0.x network

Ip route 192.168.0.0 255.255.255.0 209.165.205.2

The equipment is in the classroom, but I will be able to get those for you tomorrow.

And thanks for the tips, I will be trying them out tomorrow!!

Also is the ip route neccessary? I mean they are both connected to ethernet ports, not serial ports :?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: