Views
Helpful
Replies

Issue with AP Auth List

nix-patheon
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys,

I'm havin problems joining an AP (3602I) to my controller (5508) when authorising MIC's against against my auth-list on the controller.

I have added the AP MAC address to the auth-list but the AP won't successfully join. The controller occasionally says "joined" and I can view it in the AP list, but the AP status is always UNKNOWN, whereby I will reset the AP and try again.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

19 Replies 19

The X.509 certificates are burned into protected flash on both the       access point (AP) and WLC at the factory by Cisco. On the AP, factory installed       certificates are called manufacturing installed certificates (MIC).

You must select MIC box to connect AP to WLC.

For Auth for APs

you can add the mac address of APs and check the box  Autheriz  MIC APs againest auth-list or AAA.

Regards

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

That's not increasing security. If someone out a new Cisco ap that is lightweight on your network.... It's your now, because you manage it.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

I thnk I see where I have went wrong. I need to check both boxes? One to allow the MIC, and the other to authorise against the MAC list?

Is the correct answer!

Correct answer is to Sandeep (the penny dropped after reading his post a couple of times), but thank you for your time Scott, it is very much appreciated.

Correct. Also note you can add your APs to the Ap policy list OR the mac address filter. Both will work,

__________________________________________________________________________________________
"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin
__________________________________________________________________________________________
‎"I'm in a serious relationship with my Wi-Fi. You could say we have a connection."

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card