I've upgraded today our PI 2.1 to 2.2. I followed exactly the manual and made an Application Backup no the old server, created a new server, installed it and restored the Application Backup.
Everything looked like it went well, but it seems I found a major issue now.
In the new Converged Theme -> Configuration -> Network Devices -> Unified AP, I see all my access points. But once I click on some device, I get the error message: 172.16.102.127 no longer exists. Please refresh the device work center.
Sometimes I can click on an access point, but it will show an other device in the overview, while the configuration seems to be from the correct one?!?
I clicked on the 1200b-3103-1, but the title shows a different one. I didn't yet try to submit a change, because I simply do not trust it.
If I switch to the Classic (deprecated) theme, everything works as expected.
I've rebooted the server already twice, just to be sure.
Rebooting won't fix that as it seems to be a cosmetic bug as Cisco would say. This has happened in other versions also, where the Classic theme showed properly and the Lifestyle didn't. I have always typically brought up a new VM and not perform an I line upgrade, but other here have. Now is that the issue, probably not, but from all the new versions of NCS and PI, a new VM was always a better way. You should open a TAC case and see what they say.
In this case I have actually brought up a new VM (as no other way is supported) and restored the Application Backup to the new machine from the old machine.
I fear I have to open a TAC, hate to spend money for those bugs.
Before I do that, what could I do to remove the APs from the PI and add them again without loosing the made configuration on the AP itself? I have placed them all on maps and would prefer to not loose that information.
I don't have to pay Cisco, but I have to pay our resellers time to create it, update it, ...
It's not much though, but I prefer to check in the Forum first.
Wrong AP name,AP ip address,protocol fields are loading for AAP client
) Have a client associated to AAP using 802.11a protocol and add it to PI 2.2.133
ii) Go to dashboard->Client->Client distribution chart
iii) Check the count in the distribution chart as it was showing undefined.
4.Check the client details page from Monitor -->Clients and Users.
in the client details page:AP name ,AP IP address ,Protocol fields are not showing correct values.
|Known Affected Releases:|
we are having the same "no longer exists. Please refresh the device work center."
New VM for 2.2 clean install and importing the database from our 1.4 VM.
We have a TAC case opened.
Also having no data available on charts and graphs.
I have the same issue with no data being displayed on the dashboard/dashlets. I also did clean vm and imported from 1.4. I have tried to stop/start prime from cli but it didn't help.
we also upgraded MSE to the latest 8.0 code for compatibly to PI 2.2 but that didn't help either.
Have multiple things broken since the upgrading. No prevent the wireless from working thank goodness. Some you can get around by using classic view instead of converged theme. Existing automated reports we can no longer modify. Get an errors saying to enter valid email addresses when they are already valid. Deleting addresses and re-entering gives the same error. One report runs correctly but if you open it you get a message that this report is no longer valid and to delete and recreate it. If you cancel out and leave the original alone it continues to run.
Still waiting on TAC to hear back from the business unit on the problem you and I are having.
I'm also having issues with mse too. I can't open report launchpad either. I have tac cases open as well. Will update when I hear something
Cisco TAC has figured out that background tasks are getting hung.
We actually have quite a few stuck in a running state and/or stuck in a waiting state after starting their scheduled tasks. TAC had has restart then entire vm today and it actually populated the converged theme dashboard with correct information but it eventually went stale.
lightweight client status, identity services server status, client statistics are all stuck in a running state and never release causing the others to sit in a waiting state.
Check on your systems under administration>background tasks.
TAC has collected logs and data and are trying to replicate in their labs.