Views
Helpful
Replies

LAG on WLC5508

Luis Garcia
Level 1
Level 1

Hello guys

i have a wlc 5508 , and i want to enable LAG, but i want to connect 4 ports in one module and the rest 4 ports in another module,

for example

Gigabitethernet1/45 - 1/48

Gigabitethernet3/10 - 3/13

both modules in the same core switch (6506) obviously using the same port channel , so at the end i would have redundancy between modules for when a module fails.

the question is, can this be done?

or all the 8 ports needs to connect to the same module, ?

i mean 1/40 - 1/47 for example...

Thnks!!!!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Luis,

you can split the ports across multiple modules in your switches.  THe only thing you can't do is spli the lag across multiple switches, unless VSS.

Steve

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If you are running VSS between the two cores you would be able to split the port channel.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Luis,

you can split the ports across multiple modules in your switches.  THe only thing you can't do is spli the lag across multiple switches, unless VSS.

Steve

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

Luis,

You can connect the 8 ports to the two modules if they are stacked modules, which means they under the same management IP. If you want to use two separate switches, then you would must run VSS.

Luis Garcia
Level 1
Level 1

Thnk you guys,

i'll served a lot your help

greetings !!!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card