cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

laptops re-association

Tarek Al-Sayed
Level 1
Level 1

I am having issues with clients re-associating to corporate network after Aging time expires, once laptops are connected the first time (through AD group that I place laptops in it). We are using ACS, under Windows EAP settings, Machine Authentication and PEAP machine authentication is enabled. So I have to reboot the device in order to re-connect corporate which is using WPA2, AES, CCKM in Layer 2.

thanks

Tarek

2 Replies 2

grabonlee
Level 4
Level 4

You could adjust the session timeout under the WLAN--SSID on the controller to 28800secs. This is equal to 8 hr working day. If this doesn't resolve your problem then you also alter the PEAP session timeout on the ACS. You would have to tell me which version of ACS you have so that I can tell you the menu to find PEAP sesseion timeout.

good day Osita

We are running ACS v 4.2.

my main goal is to have the laptops maintain connectivity once the aging time elapsed, and that`s the issue wether aging time is set to 12hrs (default) or higher, laptops will not re-conect (re-associate).

thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card