Replies

Limit acces to computers in AD domain

don_henry
Level 1
Level 1

We have

ACS 5.2, WLC 5500, and we have been unable to limit our access service to

machine authentication against AD. This is resulting in other

unintended devices being allowed access to the WLAN, users simply accept the cert and are allowed access. How can I prevent

non-domain devices? or test the device for domain membership?

Thanks

34 Replies 34

Well ACS is working fine then. The issue is with Windows XP. I know that when I tried that registry fix on an XP machine I had it didn't work. My clients XP machine it worked. You might try different XP machines with different images maybe.

Sent from my iPhone

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

again tried it with Windows XP/7

in Windows 7, it sends the host/machinename and works flawlessly, but in Windows XP it just sends the Domain/username and does not work..tried everything that i can think for a while...any ideas

That is the same issue I had. We were only able to get certain XP machines o work. The others XP machines just didn't work with the registry edit.

We basically had to create two

SSIDs and migrate machines to Windows 7 then deleted the other SSID for XP machines that did only username and password.

Sent from my iPhone

-Scott

Found the other issue, if i disable Server cert validation on client, it work . so something to do with Certificates..at least some progress..

thanks Scott.

Validate server certificate only works of you have the root CA in the trusted root store on the device.

Sent from my iPhone

-Scott
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card