cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Limit LDAP User Session / Guest Session to X amount of time per Day/24hours

dyop.geop
Level 1
Level 1

Limit LDAP User Session / Guest Session to X amount of time per Day/24hours.

Okay been trying to research this for days now. 
And for some reason, I just can't find a solution or I'm just googling wrong. Honestly.

Just a basic requirement, i think, I just want a user, whether part of AD, or a guest user, local user, or any kind of user to just have a connection/session limit PER DAY(or per 24hours). session limit will start after First Login of a day.

Just like in coffee shops where a customer can only use the internet for maybe an hour or two, then, account will be invalid anymore.

But for us, we are restricting our employees to just use wifi access for 1hour per day. They will be using their AD accounts for login. (LDAP)
Can't seem to find anything related to limit session time then deny internet.
All I see is Session Timeout. But that won't work since they can just login back again.
Important is to have network access for just 1hour per day. 1 hour will start after First Login.

Can I do that with my current network setup? Is it possible?
WLC : AIR-CT2504-K9
Software : 8.2.100.0
Windows Microsoft Active Directory
Fortigate 500D Firewall

Thanks everybody.

2 Replies 2

Sandeep Choudhary
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

i dont think its possible with WLC itself. You will need ISE to do that.

check this thread: 

https://community.cisco.com/t5/identity-services-engine-ise/how-to-limit-guest-access-to-1-hour-within-a-24-hour-period/td-p/3567858

Regards

Dont forget to rate helpful posts

Hey Sandeep,

Thanks for the reply.
Yeah, I've been searching far if WLC can do this kind of feature.
I was hoping to come across any kind of official documentation to say that WLCs really cannot do this. 
Something to show to the bosses. :)

Thanks again.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card