cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Lobby Ambassador Auth

thomas03usmcsf
Level 1
Level 1

We need to allow a certain AD group to authenticate to WCS as a lobby ambassador. I have an ACS 5.x, but there is very little documentation between WCS 7.0.116 and ACS 5.x. Any links or suggestions?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

6 Replies 6

Nicolas Darchis
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I wrote this just for you ;-)

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-17909

Nice work Nick! 5+

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

thomas03usmcsf
Level 1
Level 1

Hey Nick,

Thanks for the doc, I configured most of these settings last week, but I haven't had a chance to test yet because I am in the middle of a (500) 3502 deployment. I did see that you added the virtual domain in the shell, which I did not have. I should have time to test on Monday. Thanks again.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

it's mandatory, even if you don't use virtual domains, you have to put "root" then.

Cheers.

Nicolas

Hey Nicolas,

Getting closer, but I am receiving an error when logging into WCS.  I ahve attached the error and the ACS config.  Thanks again.

This looks impossible.

I've already seen such behaviors when the ACS says "runtime process not running" which is an issue which happens sometimes. When this happens, you can configure the ACS as you like but the authentication process keeps using the same config version and does not use all your changes. So a small reboot of the ACS to make sure you're not running into that problem can help.

Otherwise a sniffer trace on WCS/NCS to see if the attribute is really arriving there or not.

Nicolas

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card