cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Local Mac Filtering Security WLC

Haidar2205
Level 1
Level 1

Is this because the difference about WPA2-PSK Security and Mac Filtering Security ? it can say that its the weakness of Mac Filtering Security, this is below the scenario test

I have tested that with this scenario my mobile phone connect to SSID A  in Access Point 1 (AP-1) 
which is using Local Mac filtering Security then I move to somewhere that has another Access Point 2 (AP-2) but  I see in monitor client my device (mac address ) still conncet in SSID A in Access Point (AP-1) not move in AP 2  also it can see in LED indicator is not turning into blue color but still in green color (it is in AP-2802)

then in another scenario, my mobile phone connect to SSID B  in Access Point 1 (AP-1) 
which is using WPA2 PSK security then I move to somewhere that has another Access Point 2 (AP-2)
I see in monitor client my device (mac address ) conncet to SSID B in Access Point (AP-2) it is moving to AP which is near with it

The security configuration in each is also enabled Fast Transition

2 Replies 2

craigshawm6
Level 1
Level 1

The client dictates which AP it will connect to. Sometimes it's hard to force the client over to a different AP when it can still see the first AP. 

yeah but with this mac filtering security make signal indicator looks weak then effect to data rate or connection, but if I use WPA2-PSK it could good and quick transition to the AP that near with the client, it can say automatically connect in,

the real question how do I make SSID with local mac filtering could do fast transition in different AP that near with him ?

Thank you for your response

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: