cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MESH works, but no ping to APs

plamboniy
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, I have a 2504 WLC controller. I have tested all the stable and intermediate versions of the controller software like (AIR-CT2500-K9-8-3-150-0.aes; AIR-CT2500-K9-8-5-140-0.aes ; AIR-CT2500-K9-8-5-151-0.aes, as well as their bundles). I have 7 APs (5 * 1572 (newer models) and 2 * 1552 (older model)). When I make MESH only from the new APs, everything works smoothly. When I add one of the older APs or two of them, the mesh and the client still work smoothly, but I lose a ping from the outside to the AP and lose the monitoring (from WLC I still can ping APs). These are the Global Telnet SSH options enabled, but when an old AP join the MESH, after 5-8 pings go trough I lose pings at the same time by all.

Please help me.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

plamboniy
Level 1
Level 1

SOLEVED !!!

The ROOT AP must be connected on a router or switch, but it should not be direct connected to WLC and should be in the same VLAN as the WLC and everything works perfectly.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

plamboniy
Level 1
Level 1

SOLEVED !!!

The ROOT AP must be connected on a router or switch, but it should not be direct connected to WLC and should be in the same VLAN as the WLC and everything works perfectly.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card