Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Mobility Anchor, is this even possible?

I have an odd dilemma that came up, and trying to find out if this is even feasible.

We are constructing a new warehouse, and they want some temp network/wireless set up. The issue is this is going to be a separate IP space, and trying to set up some SSIDs. But, without a firewall yet, we are trying to figure out our onboarding network and such that we want to keep restricted.

So, what I am wondering, is could I anchor say the employee network back to our main controller? would it get IP's from our existing building? and how would I keep security on it? I obviously couldn't turn off security on the anchor, so would you have to from WLC without security?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

"Because of the direct fiber, I may just have the APs connect to this controller and not worry about the new controllers until the DC is set up correctly in the new building."

Yes, if you get direct fibre connection, then let APs register to your central WLC in local mode. So IP & everything getting from central WLC connect switch.

HTH

Rasika

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

As long as you have a WLC at this temp location, you can anchor that traffic back to a central WLC & allocate IP address from central controller connected switch. (same as typical Guest SSID with anchoring)

Do you have any secure communication (WAN link) between these two sites ?

HTH

Rasika

Sorry for the delay, it's going to be across the road with a direct fiber run between the buildings.

What I was confused at is the guest setup said to set up the same SSID on the anchor with no security, and have the security on the connecting controller. My question since this would be an in-use controller as the anchor, I couldn't turn off security on the SSID.

Because of the direct fiber, I may just have the APs connect to this controller and not worry about the new controllers until the DC is set up correctly in the new building.

"Because of the direct fiber, I may just have the APs connect to this controller and not worry about the new controllers until the DC is set up correctly in the new building."

Yes, if you get direct fibre connection, then let APs register to your central WLC in local mode. So IP & everything getting from central WLC connect switch.

HTH

Rasika

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card