Views
Helpful
Replies

Monitor AP Radio Operational Status

fdharmawan
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Guys,

I want to monitor the operational status (up/down) of the APs on my production environment. I expect my cisco prime will send notification if one of the radio is down, either deliberately or the radio becomes faulty. I already set the alarm on prime but so far there was no notification sent when I set the radio down (administratively). And recently I just discovered "config ap antenna-monitoring" on WLC CLI command. I tried to find some example or documentation regarding that command but so far nothing is pretty helpful. Anyone has experience with that command? What will the command check and do if I enable it?

Thanks.

3 Replies 3

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Quick Questios, have you getting any other emails form Prime ( like any alerts ) if not you need to setup SMTP Settings in Prime to use your SMTP Server to send alrerts (other way have you able to see an alerts in the prime Dashboard, the one you shutdown show as disassociated ?)

SMTP Setup :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/net_mgmt/prime/infrastructure/3-0/administrator/guide/PIAdminBook/config_server_settings.html#63370

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Jurgens L
Level 3
Level 3

If tested your email notifications successfully,

Check your alarm severity notifications, you may not receive an email alert due to the alarm's severity.

To your query regarding the "config ap antenna-monitoring" command, what version code does your WLC run and what model AP's do you have associated to it?

Hi Jurgens,

I'm running 8.5.140 with 2802 and 3802 deployed on production.

I will check the alarm notification, since I already checked all the alarms.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card