cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MSE haskey mismatch

cmarva
Level 4
Level 4

just noticed this one the other day, neither of our mobility engines are syncing with the WLCs.

Our setup is:

PI 2.1

all WLCs are 7.4.121.0

MSE3355 - was 7.5.102.101

vMSE - was 7.5.102.101

all was fine. We upgraded both MSEs v7.6.120.0, due to the deferral notice for 7.5.102.101. Ever since, nothing will sync. All we get is NMSP status is inactive for both MSEs to all WLCs. The message is hashkey mismatch between MSE and WLC. I have tried numerous things to no avail, like deleting the key from the WLCs. When I try to re-sync, I do see the key gets pushed from the MSE to the WLC. But in the MSE logs I do see certificate unknown errors when trying to sync. I do have a case open on this.

It really seems like it resulted from the MSE upgrade, but I didn't see anything in the release notes that caused any concern.

Has anyone seen this symptom at all? Would it really be as simple as finding and deleting the key store? Any comments are appreciated.

Thanks - chris

15 Replies 15

Thanks Darren for the TLS 1.0 tip. I upgraded to 8.0.150.0 from 8.0.140.0 and my 8.0 controllers stopped synching (my 8.3 controllers continued to work). All I had to do was enable TLS 1.0 and the 8.0 controllers started working again with no other configuration needed luckily.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card