cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Multiple SSID Access

Andrija Divac
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a way to be able to configure access over different SSID's?  So being one "SSID 1" and printing to a device on "SSID 2"?  Ive been looking into this but not getting a solution.  Or if its posible.

6 Replies 6

Surendra BG
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Please explain ur requirements.. i ding understand

Regards

Surendra

Regards
Surendra BG

We are using Bonjour with Apple devices on the WLAN that are in the same SSID, and it works fine.  What I am trying to figure out is, is it possible to do this over different SSID's.  RIght now it wont work, but on the same SSID it will.

ok!! Do u need seperate SSID for data traffic and a seperate SSID for  printing or bonjour?? So that ppl who wanna print should connect to  other SSID and print??

If so, then this can be done!!

Regards

Surendra

Regards
Surendra BG

No, we have 3 SSID's currently and just want to be able to print if lets say someone connected to SSID #3 print to a device on SSID #1.

If I read your statement correctly you have 3 diff ssid's.

ssid #1 is for printers or at least has some wireless printers associated to it or has a printer on the same vlan that the ssid shares right?

And you want to allow users from ssid #2 & #3 to be able to print to printers on ssid #1 correct?

If that is correct then what you need to do is make sure that there is routing between the vlans on the switch or router that is associated with those vlans or subinterfaces.

I do not believe this is really an ssid issue but rather a layer 3 "routing" question.

If you are using ACL's you will also have to make sure to add rules to "permit" those ports across the vlans/subinterfaces.

Hope that helps clear it up a little for you.

If not, add more specific details so we can try to assist you better.

OK i re read your answer, and yes sorta, we are not changing or adding SSID's though, just using what we have.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card