Views
Helpful
Replies

Multiple WLC LobbyAdmins

voipis4me
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

My understanding is that I can authorise multiple Lobby Admins on a WLC 4404 using RADIUS. I was wondering is if is possible to create Lobby Admin groups so that a specific Lobby Admin can only grant guest wireless access to specific Mobility Groups?

I support wireless in multiple facilities and handing off guest access admin duties to department secretaries is ideal, but I only want guests to have wireless access only from the area/building in which they will be visiting.

Is this possible using a single WiSM (70+ WAPs) or do I need to deploy multiple WLCs?

Thank you in advance for your help.

1 Reply 1

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

"I only want guests to have wireless access only from the area/building in which they will be visiting."

I can think of two ways of doing this ...

1. Create AP Groups. This method allows you to broadcast a specific SSID in a specific area.

2. Each Lobby Administrator can only see the account created. Lobby Admin 1 can't/won't be able to see accounts created by Lobby Admin 2, for instance.

Hope this helps.

3. Lobby Admins must be strict. Do not allow them to create 31-days account (no time limit).

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card