Views
Helpful
Replies

NAC Design Help

wg wireless
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have a situation with one cental site and four branch sites. All the sites have their own NAC Server. NAC Manager is installed at central site. Now we want to deploy WLAN infrastructure at all the sites with WLC placed only in the central site and all the remote sites have their APs registered to WLC. Is it possible to have only a central WLC in this situation (I mean integration with existing NAC infrastructure) and what are the limitations we have to consider?

Thanks...

5 Replies 5

Tiago Antunes
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Wagas,

Can you please clarify exactly what will be the relation with NAc and the Wireless network?

Do you which to make the wireless users to go through NAC before accessing the network?

Are you looking for an InBand or Out Of Band setup?

I would advise you to take a look into this chapter of the configuration guide where you can see a comparison between the diferent kinds of deployemnts for Wireless NAC:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/nac/appliance/configuration_guide/48/cam/m_woob.html#wp1040103.

HTH,

Tiago

--

If  this helps you and/or answers your question please mark the question as  "answered" and/or rate it, so other users can easily find it.

yes we want wireless users to go through NAC. Let me clarify my question. Actually we dont want to put a seperate WLC at each remote site and still use existig CAS installeld at the remote site to control wireless users coming into their respective sites. My question is "can we use a signle WLC in central location to achieve this"?. If yes, kindly suggest the deployment scheme like OOB or In band.

Thanks,

If the WLC and NAC are not at the same site, in band doesn't sound good as all traffic would go through WAN.

Then simply go for l3 OOB.

Hi Waqas,

Plz let us know few more thing -

how is your branch office network ? I think you gonna place HREAP APs at branch office with local switching... right ?

Thanks

Well, two of the branch offices have internet coming from central site only and two branches have their own internet connections. So we are planning to put APs in HREAP with local switching in two branches and central switching in other two branches.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card