Views
Helpful
Replies

NCS AP Reports

Jay233
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

Is there any way of changing the time for NCS to report an access point has disassociated from a controller, the issue I have is I am getting a lot of mail alerts indicating an AP has been disassociated from a controller then a few minuets later another mail alert to say AP has rejoined and this alarm is now clear.

Can I increase the actual polling time of the severity alarm to say an hour? I know that I can change the severity but this only gives me Critical, Major, Minor, Warning and informational. I need the alarm severity to be the same (default is critical) but not so sensitive.

Most of the access points are running in HREAP and connected back to WLC's in a DC over a WAN link.

Or if anyone has any alternative surgesstions that would be great.

Many Thanks,

Jay

1 Reply 1

ramkris2
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Jay,

I would start by verifying facts. Are the AP's really disassociating from the Controller ?

If they aren't, then the problem is with reporting from NCS.

By design, this shouldn't be happening. There is a possiblity that NCS is asking a question, but the response is way too delayed from the SNMP agent on the Controller. In the mean time, NCS is declaring that the AP is disassociated. Then on the next polling cycle (in 5 mins) it would get a response & the alert would get cleared.

I would also make sure the codes are in the latest maintenance release on the respective trains on both NCS & the WLC.

Thanks,

Ram

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card