cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Need to set up easy 2FA for small office WiFi commercial internet

Patrick Shred
Level 1
Level 1

We are setting up a small office with commercial internet.  We need to have some basic network management oversight with the  CISCO  RV260 VPN router and some sort of wireless access point.  Now we have been directed to institute 2FA.  What is the easiest way to stand this up?  

4 Replies 4

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Not sure if i understand your questiion correctly.

you looking 2FA for the users using Wireless or remote VPN ?

here is the some information to start with : once you confirm we can provide more information.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/security/what-is-two-factor-authentication.html#~how-2fa-works

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Hi,  This is for users who come in to the office.  We only want them to get connected to the internet if they have entered two factor credentials.  So the user would first set up the 2FA. than for regular use, would get prompted to enter in 2fa code from say Google authenticator.   So as the administrator for this commercial wireless service, we are looking for the quickest, easiest way to set this all up.  Is there a Cisco wireless access point that is good for small business that has a tool built in that can do this?  or something that works with DUO?  We are hoping there is an easy solution

We have a small office.  We have small teams that come in to our space, access our WiFi and conduct business for say 3 days to 3 months.  Our process is for users to come in, fill out a form so we know who is using our WiFi.  We than give them the WEP key.  What we would like to to now is use 2FA.  So that everytime they come in, they will be prompted for 2FA.  I know DUO is easy to use, but I don't know how to use it to set up for a wireless access point

Have a look at something like this: https://www.ironwifi.com/ there are also alternative companies offering such services.
Search for Captive Portal providers.
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card