cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

New AP unable to download c1240 image from controller 5500

MINNSD
Level 1
Level 1

CISCO WLC 5500  customer trying to fit new AP but getting message "capwap_image_proc: problem extracting tar file". this only happens on AIR-LAP1242AG-N-K9  . checking the controller cli "show ap bundle primary" the c1240 image is missing , however show ap bundle secondary" the image is there .. I assume the image has to be in both bundles for this to work .  If so how do i get just this image on.  Product version 7.2.115.1

show ap bundle.JPG

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I can't answer that, but I have seen in the past, bundles that have been corrupted and require the WLC image uploaded to the WLC again.  Your primary image that is active, doesn't have the 1240 code available, only the backup image that you have on the WLC.  You can't move that image to the primary, your primary image has to have that. 

You have to upload another code.

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Might of been an issue with that image. The version is no longer available to download. They might have to upgrade to 7.2.115.2

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott

Thanks , I think really what I am asking is why is there an image in the secondary ap bundle and not the primary ap bundle , is that from the backup boot image 6.90.199.4  ?.  I am having problems finding any information on ap bundles and how they are used on the cisco site or the usual search engines

I can't answer that, but I have seen in the past, bundles that have been corrupted and require the WLC image uploaded to the WLC again.  Your primary image that is active, doesn't have the 1240 code available, only the backup image that you have on the WLC.  You can't move that image to the primary, your primary image has to have that. 

You have to upload another code.

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card