cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Number of RF Profiles on a 5508

Jacob Snyder
Level 5
Level 5

I've searched the release notes for 7.2+, but I haven't found a documented number of how many active RF Profiles a 5508 can support.

Has anyone run into a limitation of how many RF Profiles they can have?

3 Replies 3

Amjad Abdullah
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I don't think there is any limitation mentioned for RF profiles. But as 5508 has a limitaiton of 500 AP groups, I think that is the max RF profiles you can create. (supposing each AP has its own AP group). You will not need more.

How many RF profiles you are intending to create?

Rating useful replies is more useful than saying "Thank you"

Rating useful replies is more useful than saying "Thank you"

Jacob Snyder
Level 5
Level 5

The project that resulted in the question would likely have between 30-40. But am more curious if there is an actual or practical limit.

Because of the RRM implications, it's possible there may be performance ramifications of having too many active RF profiles.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can always script in to see how many you can create, but having soo many different RF profiles is really hard to manage. As a consultant, I would worry that the customer would not be able to figure out what rf profile the AP should use and then have to also decide what AP Group.

What is the reason to have 30+ rf profiles? That would mean you would have to have 30+ AP Groups.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: