Views
Helpful
Replies

Oid for AP join stats for a wlc

elvarthor
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone

I was wondering whether it is possible to pull AP join stats from a Cisco 4404 wlc using SNMP? I am creating a Nagios plugin that checks whether the wlc has lost a connection to a access point. I cannot however find the specific mib required for this. Can anyone help me with this?

With regards,

Elvar Olafsson

2 Replies 2

ethiel
Level 3
Level 3

I have not seen a way to pull a list of disassociated APs directly, and am not sure the WLC tracks that. However, I have used something like this one http://tools.cisco.com/Support/SNMP/do/BrowseOID.do?local=en&translate=Translate&objectInput=1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.513.1.1.1.1 and walked the whole list and tracked the APs myself. If you poll all online APs, you can trigger events on new ones showing up or old ones going away. Not knowing Nagios, I don't know if it could manage that. In perl you could just maintain a list of APs and run on a scheduled interval looking for changes to the list. You might also browse the tree at the link I posted if you haven't already. I find lots of new OIDs that way which give me ideas of new and interesting things to poll.

Hi and thanks for your reply.

I decided to create a php script that would query the wlc for associated access points and store the results in a mysql table. Then the script would compare the timestamp on each AP and see from that whether a particular AP had been disassociated. This would allow me to create the Nagios check.

I will look at tomorrow what the OID, that you gave me, will output from my wlc.

With regards,

Elvar Olafsson

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card