Views
Helpful
Replies

One AP can't join the WLC

tinhnho123
Level 2
Level 2

Hello,

I have one AP which can't join WLC while other APs are on the WLC. It's on the network, it also gets an IP address from DHCP. I can ping it from my desk and also the WLC can. Is there any way to trouble shoot this issue? Thanks.

8 Replies 8

George Stefanick
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Sounds like a join issue.. What are you using for joining your access points? DHCP option43, DNS, boradcast ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

DNS. I have other APs joined just fine but not this one.

What is the AP model number, WLC model and WLC code rev you are on ? Do you have enough licenses for the ap to join ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________

AP's model is 1131. WLC = 4402 and software version 7.0.116. I have 50 licenses and only have 20 APs up and running so far.

Ok, good info thanks.

Can you console into the ap and cpature what the CLI output is saying?

I'd assume that to console into the AP would be the same as console to the router or switch? What would you like me to capture the output of the AP?

Correct, just like a router/switch. CLI into the AP, turn it off and then on and capture the join process.

Please post the following command outputs:

WLC: sh sysinfo;

WAP: sh invent;

WAP: sh version

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card