cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

P2P blocking issue

BhaskarDS
Level 1
Level 1

Our End client has enabled the Peer to peer blocking (drop) in the wlans of the WLC. Flexconnect local switching is enabled.

The issue here is when the Users are connected to same AP they are still able to see each other, but when they are connected to different APs , the P2P blocking works fine(the users cannot see each other). I checked the restrictions of the P2P blocking feature , but I do not see anything related to Flex-connect local switching. Am I missing anything ?

Also is there any work around can we try here ? Like configuring flex-connect ACL ? Also how should the configuration go for the ACL and can we apply per wlan ?

Device Details -

AIR-CT5508-K9

Version - 8.2.151.0

2 Replies 2

BhaskarDS
Level 1
Level 1

Can I please get some guidance on this ?

In FlexConnect Local switching , P2P blocking only works for same AP connected clients (opposite of what you described). See below. FlexConnect ACL is what you should look at

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/8-5/Enterprise-Mobility-8-5-Design-Guide/Enterprise_Mobility_8-5_Deployment_Guide/ch7_HREA.html

• Unified solution for central switching clients supports P2P blocking for clients associated to different APs. However, this solution targets only clients connected to the same AP. FlexConnect ACLs can be used as a work around for this limitation.

HTH

Rasika

*** Pls rate all useful responses ***

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card