Views
Helpful
Replies

password for wireless network

kapydan88
Level 4
Level 4

Hello for everybody.

Is it possible to find unencrypted password from config for [WPA2][Auth(PSK)] password.

A wifi network was found on one of the controllers 3504, but password for it couldn't be found. It is dangerous to reset it, because there are some devices that work through this wifi network. In this regard, i would like to clarify - is it possible to find out this password via the cli or another method.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
There is no way to get the password from the controller once it was entered. If you have devices that are connecting to that ssid, take a look at them and see if they allow you to “show” the ssid. I know Windows allows to view them.
-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
There is no way to get the password from the controller once it was entered. If you have devices that are connecting to that ssid, take a look at them and see if they allow you to “show” the ssid. I know Windows allows to view them.
-Scott

The problem is that there are terminals connected to this network where password is displayed encrypted with asterisks.

Then your best option is to create a new ssid and migrate here devices to the new ssid. You need to store the key someplace as you will not be able to decrypt it in the future.
-Scott
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card