Jaaazman777
Level 1
Level 1

Hello!

I have the following equipment for the WiFi infrasrtucture

• Prime NCS (1.3)
  • MSE 3355 (7.4.100.0)
  • WLC 5508 (7.4.100.0)

The problem is that Prime 1.3 incorrectly displays MSE wIPS Monitor Mode APs license count.

I have 20 monitor mode LAPs, but Prime displays only one LAP under MSE wIPS Monitor Mode APs count. In addition this one LAP is not in monitor mode.

The wIPS Monitor Mode APs license (AIR-WIPS-AP-25) is permanent.

At first MSE had been shipped with 7.2.110 with preinstalled wIPS license and then was uprgaded to 7.4.100.

MSE and WLC are synced.

I tried to change the modes for these LAPs from monitor to local and backwards, but had no luck.

Has anyine faced this problem?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Just remember that v7.4 of the MSE changes the licensing. So if you upgraded, that is why.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

It should still work in v7.4, but will change in v7.5. So in v7.4, Cisco is not enforcing the license change yet. When the MSE is upgraded in the future to a later release, 7.5 or later, the new license model will be enforced. Did that answer your question? This is confusing for everyone:)

-Scott

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Just remember that v7.4 of the MSE changes the licensing. So if you upgraded, that is why.

-Scott

Scott, thank you for your answer!

Does it actually mean, that AIR-WIPS-AP-25 license is not supported in MSE 7.4?

It should still work in v7.4, but will change in v7.5. So in v7.4, Cisco is not enforcing the license change yet. When the MSE is upgraded in the future to a later release, 7.5 or later, the new license model will be enforced. Did that answer your question? This is confusing for everyone:)

-Scott

Thank you, Scott!

This is really, confusing, because there is no exact information about it in documentation.

In conclusion (correct me, if I am wrong):

MSE 7.4 supports the old AIR-WIPS-AP-25 license, but doesn't display it in proper way. This situation is normal and it should be so.

It does as I have upgraded mine to v7.4, but my wIPS license does show up still.

-Scott

The wIPS license is up, that's right, but the problem is in wIPS license count. None of the Monitor mode AP is shown in wIPS count. That confuse me, because there is no confidenсe that MSE consider the information from Monitor mode APs.

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Take a look at this thread

https://communities.cisco.com/message/114807

-Scott

I read about new license in 7.4, but I didn't find the information, that old license are not available in the 7.4.

In 7.4 it is said about CAS license that will be automatically migrated to 7.4

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/mse/3350/release/notes/mse7_4_100_0.pdf

Isn't it strange, that upgrade to new version requies the new license without migration of the old ones?

If we already bought the AIR-WIPS license, do we relly need to bought the new one

L-WIPS-MM-100AP to work in 7.4 ?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card