cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Prime 2.0 patch or 2.1 beta to support WLC 7.6??

kdavison007
Level 1
Level 1

Will there be a beta run of 2.1 PI like there was for the latest 7.4 MR for WLC or even a patch to go on 2.0 that will allow us to finally manage WLC code above 7.4?  These seperate PI software trains have been killing us trying to get to a more stable HA MSE (above 7.4.110) AND now to support the new 3702 APs. 

23 Replies 23

jerry.larson
Level 1
Level 1

Did you ever get this answered? I have 3702 APs with PI

Version : 2.0.0.0.294 I do not see my APs,

When I go on Cisco's website I see a patch but there wasn't a tar.gz patch file when I extracted it.

Jerry I have the exact same issue. Cannot map or manage 3702 series AP's in PI because PI 2.0 cannot see them. After checking this thread and then reaching out to my Cisco SE, the "official" answer I got is; if you are running PI 2.0 you will have to wait for PI 2.1 to get PI support for WLC code trains 7.6 and higher. This will also fix the visibility issue with the newer series AP's. However that 2.1 train of PI is still in roadmap and supposedly will release sometime in May or June of 14'.

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The 3700's will only show up in PI 1.4.1 which is out now. PI 2.0 doesn't support WLC v7.5 and v7.6. Event though the WLC's will show up, Cisco officially does not support those code versions on PI 2.0.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

We decided to postpone 3700 deployment until we get support to the PI2.0 train. We have some 3700's on the live network and try to go with 3600's packed with AC modules at the moment.

BTW, I did testing with 3702i and got maximum of approx 200 MBit/s with Intel 7260AC dualband client (2SS).. thats about half what's shown at Cisco's docs.

And yes, I know there are limitations on this setup we did use, but still :-)

/Toni

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Toni,

You will have to wait until mid year for PI 2.1. You can always bring up PI 1.4.1 which supports the 3600 AC module and the 3700's for now. When PI 2.1 comes out, just bring up a new VM and theist the license and import the maps from your other PI.

When you were testing with the 3700's, did you have 80 MHz channel width set?

-Scott

Hi,

Yep, had 80 MHz channel width, all relevant datarates etc. Client shows up with 2SS & nice data rates at the 5508. SNR approx 40 dB, AP & client at the same room. No other networks within range and clean spectrum (checked with spectrum analyzer (real one). Most likely driver issue/feature, as I had to use newest available and other tests I have seen did use quite old drivers. Client is Lenovo T440p with SSD, 16G ram, win7 etc... so client should not be limiting factor. Unfortunately I just had one of these clients to test with. Others were stuff like various USB adapteds, Linksys 3SS bridge, but that bridge was a bad joke..

I did consider building PI1.4.1 and upgrading that when PI2.1 is available.. but it would have been too much trouble at this point to build all templates, maps etc. from scratch.

/Toni

I used this for testing EW-7822UAC

http://www.edimax.com/en/produce_detail.php?pd_id=479&pl1_id=28&pl2_id=138

Some if my peers have the new MacBook and they have had good luck with their testing with those.

As far as prime goes, we don't upgrade Prime unless it's a patch for the same code train. The maps is easy because you can export and import, but you will have to create your templates if you use them and any other changes you need to make. It is suggested to always bring up a new VM and not to upgrade. Do for example if you wait for PI 2.1 and PI 2.2 comes out later in the year and you decide to move to that version. We would bring up a new VM instead of upgrading. This is because we have seen stability issues when upgrading and when speaking with the developers, they too suggest a new install than upgrade. So just keep that in mind. I have both running at the moment for testing.

-Scott

Scott any update on when Prime 2.1 will be released?  The last I heard from our channels with Cisco was by the end of April.

That's what I have heard also.... until they release it, I would not have the inside scoop:)

-Scott
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: