Views
Helpful
Replies

Prime 3.2 new maps

patoberli
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi all

I'm not very happily using Prime Infrastructure 3.2 (stay away if you can) and just stumbeled on a new problem. For whatever reason, the New Maps feature "lost" all my assigned APs. I removed a building last week and I think this caused the bug.

If I'm under New Maps and have a look at any building, it shows 0 APs. This also messes up various statistics, as APs aren't anymore assigned to buildings. They are there though, I can't add, position or delete them though, as they aren't shown at all.

If I go to the Old Maps though, there they all appear and seem to be working.

Anybody else got this issue?

I've already rebooted the PI, without any change.

15 Replies 15

Divya
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Whether PI 3.2 is a newly installed server or its an inline upgrade?

Look at this bug https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvf28272/?reffering_site=dumpcr 

Is it fixed in 3.2.1 release.

Regards,

Divya

See my reply in a second post (somehow your answer didn't get attached the first time, but I could reply to it?!).
Do you also know if Netflow for WLC is also generally broken? At least in my case all the Perfomance dashboards contain no data.

Yes, Unfortunately this is also another bug on 3.2 version:

https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvf71356/?reffering_site=dumpcr

Cause of this problem is "empty netflow data because of Hosts table data migration issue"

It is also being fixed on 3.2.1 release.

Regards,

Divya

Is there a workaround for this? I sadly can't view the buginformation.

At this point, there is no work around available. We have to wait for the 3.2.1 release.

Regards,

Divya

Hi Divya

I’ve just inline updated to 3.2.1, but it seems that all the bugs are still here :(

The upgrade finished 20 minutes ago, do I maybe just need to wait longer?

Or do you recommend to take a full system backup and make a fresh installation with import?

Thanks

Patrick

patoberli
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
I think it was an inline upgrade, but not entirely sure. Either 3.1 or 3.2 was a fresh installation, with the import of the backup of the previous version.

Regarding your posted bug, the New Maps were working for weeks, until I deleted a building which didn't anymore contain any APs in it. So I'm not entirely sure if it's the same bug.

You don't happen to know when 3.2.1 should be released?

There are 3 other related bugs are duplicated to this parent bug CSCvf28272.

See this bug details https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvg28198/?reffering_site=dumpcr, seems to be similar.

You can expect 3.2.1 release in another 2-3 weeks. Its worth trying the work around:

Workaround:
Create new maps and add APs ( Delete only the affected Maps, upload it again and add APs)

Regards,

Divya

Hi Divya

Thanks for the reply. It actually affects all my Maps, although I only have two Sites, with around 130 APs. I might try the export and import functionality, although I've never used it before.

Export and import Map bundle from the previous PI version?

Follow the steps provided in Export & Import Map section: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/ncs/1-0/configuration/guide/NCS10cg/maps.html

Regards,

Divya

This documentation is for NCS and looks completely different.

I tried now under the New Maps -> Export -> Map Archive. I selected my two Sites and clicked on the white (not very intuitive) Generate Map Archive dot. I enabled Map Information and Calibration Information and selected All Calibration Information.

This produced the error message: Exporting Data Failed

Chrome did download a MapExport.tar.gz, but it's only 1 KB in size and corrupt.

Same happens when only selecting Map Information.

If I try Export -> Bulk AP and select my two Sites and hit search, nothing will show up in the lower pane, besides the word "Processing..." for minutes.

Should I try the legacy maps feature for export?

Yes, please try it and let me an update.

Regards,

Divya

Tried it in the classical maps.

There I get a popup system message: COMMON-1

When clicking on OK, nothing further happens.

I now tested a bit further. I'm possible to export one Site (sadly the one with only two buildings), but the second (main) site doesn't work. Some buildings in the site work, but several buildings (5 out of 9) don't work for export.

Hi,

Have you found any solution to the export map issue in prime 3.2. I get the same error  *Exporting Data Failed* while exporting Maps archive. Thank you !

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card