cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem installing webauth certificate into WLC

Colin Higgins
Level 2
Level 2

I am trying to get a webauth certificate loaded into my 5508 WLC. Here is what I have done:

1. Generate a CSR from the WLC CLI

2. Sent the CSR to Entrust and received back 3 certs: server, intermediate, and root

3. Combined the contents of these three files into a single All-certs.pem file.

4. Then used openssl and executed the command

pkcs12 -export -in All-certs.pem -inkey mykey.pem -out All-certs.p12 -clcerts -passin pass:check123 -passout pass:check123

but it bombs out with the error "unable to load private key" , "error in pkcs12"

anyone know what the issue is here, or how to fix?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

ajc
Level 7
Level 7

send me a private message, I created a procedure step by step using OpenSSL

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Hi Colin,

May be incorrect file name or Key file is missing on the OpenSSL. Please follow the steps in below link for web auth certificate. Hope this helps you to fix this.

Web-Auth Certificate

Regards,
Sathiyanarayanan Ravindran

Please rate the post and accept as solution, if my response satisfied your question:)

ajc
Level 7
Level 7

send me a private message, I created a procedure step by step using OpenSSL

I just learned that if you generate the CSR using the WLC CLI, you do not have to use OpenSSL to bind the private key to the combined certificate. You only have to put together the three certs (server, intermediate, root) into file and name it final.pem

then upload it to the controller. It will overwrite the previous certificate. OpenSSL is no longer needed

ajc
Level 7
Level 7

Check the email I sent you in the past. If you have any question regarding the procedure, let me know.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card