Helpful
Replies

Radio reset due to (56) Radio channel set

Edu
Level 1
Level 1
I have some access points that were with this message
"Radio reset due to (56) Radio channel set"
They were working with DCA best, after I switched to 20MHz the problem stopped occurring.
this problem only happened with the 5GHz radio.
Has anyone seen something like this, or a bug for this case?
6 Replies 6

HaifengLi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The following log is helpful for further analysis.

show inventory
show flash crash
show flash cores
show logging

I attached a file with the commands.

HaifengLi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
It looks like EXPECTED_RADIO_RESET, it may be caused by RRM.
You can try increase the DCA interval or disable EDRRM to see if symptoms improve.

Hi
I made some test and I would like to share that information with you.
I changed  my RF Profile 5GHz / RRM / DCA of Best to 20Mhz and after that works fine.
one thing it's strange that before the upgrade version of the WLC to 8.5.151.0 these problems didn't happen.

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Elaborate on your wireless environment too, standalone , controller based ,controller model(s) ,ap model(s) , and or include used software version(s) on the mentioned platform(s)

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- According to the document referenced below it could be due to flaky up-links for the AP(s)

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/wireless/aironet-3700-series/117869-technote-ap-00.html

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card